Saturday, January 9, 2016

Ocean Sounds

I hear the constant roar of the sea tonight and the other night too, though I didn't know. Long Sands Beach is about a mile away, or less, and we're 73 feet above sea level here, on the second floor, where my parents apartment sits. 
I can hear the traffic, on I-183, in Austin, at night. I had thought when I heard the sea the other night it might have been I-95. But nope it's the mighty Atlantic. Gosh, do I feel small.
It is echoing with a powerful constant rushing sound that seems endless. Loud, but not where it makes your eardrums ring. Ominous, mysterious, distant, and close it reminds me of its vastness, as well as, its wild untameable power.
The sea is rough tonight.
I'm so grateful my parents and I listened together and could hear the sound. It seemed a comfort to us on the eve of my departure. Like a reminder that we are all in nature's path. We sleep now, together, in her bosom. Incapable of stopping any part of her. And so we all rest dear children of the earth. Sleep, pray, rest for you are always and forever a part of me and I am here.

No comments:

Post a Comment